If you are using Magento 1.9x let me tell you email are not directly send during checkout instead they are qued. This will be processed by cron job so please make sure your cron job is running properly.
This tutorial will show you how to setup cron job using cPanel in hosting server.
Following are the steps
- Login to your cPanel
- Look for cron job settings. In my cPannel it finds it under the Advanced tab.
- Look for add new cron job tab
- In the common setting drop down select once per 5 minute
- In command text box insert
” wget -q -O /dev/null ://www.yoursiteexample.com/foldername/ .php ”
www.yoursiteexample.com with your website name ex culturelink.in
Foldername with original foldername for cronjob file
- Click on add new cron job
- NOTE: make sure your cron.php is in right folder. You can use ftp to double check
Good job !!! Now you know how set up the Cron Using cPanel for Magento.